Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Hi BlogFollowers!

 
Hi BlogFollowers!



This is my first attempt at a blog and I am excited and fearful. What am I doing sending all these revealing thoughts out into the ether?

When I started thinking about a name for my blog, greenrudin popped into my head immediately. It is not original. When my older son was a three-year old he had an imaginary friend, a monkey called Green Rudin, who drove his green car to nursery school, wearing green diapers. This son is now a very environmentally-conscious adult, so the name seems doubly appropriate.

A confession - not all the posts will be “green”. As an American living in Switzerland I’ll also write about the differences in norms and values found in the two societies, and probably pop in a few personal chats or harangues as well. There will definitely be an emphasis on food! The blog’s shape and ultimate direction will only gradually become apparent, in other words, rather like life.
Several of the posts have appeared in the same or similar form in The Round Robin, the magazine of the American Women's Club of Zurich. 

No comments:

Post a Comment